Family Friendly Miami Suburb
Pediatrix is seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist to join our Miami team of neonatologists and NNPs in providing high-quality, compassionate care at Mercy and Baptist Hospitals.
- Responsible for rounding in the Newborn Nursery 5 days a week
- Beautiful updated Level III unit opened January 2022
- Staffing support includes 24 hour coverage by a Neonatologist of the 12-bed Level III NICU
- Additional NNP assistance
- Will provide additional back-up coverage to our practice at Baptist Hospital.
- Responsible for covering the healthy normal newborn cases in Mercy and Baptist Hospitals.
About the area:
- Nearly a half million residents call Miami home, with a metro populous of 6.2 million
- Tropical monsoon climate, with warm temperatures year-round — an average high during the summer of 90 F and highs around 76 F in the winter — making it an ideal place to live for those who enjoy being outside year-round
- Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, including South Beach, Miami Beach and Key Biscayne, perfect for sunbathing, swimming, surfing and various other water activities
- Residents from around the world create a unique, vibrant community, with various languages, foods and traditions
- Booming nightlife scene, with numerous clubs, bars and restaurants; live music; dancing; and many opportunities to enjoy evenings out
- Home to several professional sports teams, including the Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins and Miami Marlins
- Thriving art and culture scene, with various museums, galleries and cultural events, including the well-known Art Basel festival, attracting worldwide artists and collectors
- Known as a shopping paradise with renowned Bal Harbour Shops and Aventura Mall, Miami is a popular shopping destination
- Numerous parks and natural preserve offer countless activities throughout the year, such as hiking, biking and kayaking
- A gateway to Latin America, providing opportunities to explore new cultures
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.