Hospitalist Physician Assistant
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Los Angeles, California
The new Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) serves 1.35 million residents from all over South Los Angeles. The 131-bed hospital provides general acute care and features a 29-bed emergency department, critical care unit, and labor and delivery services. It includes radiology imaging services, Anesthesia, General, Orthopaedic & Vascular surgery, ENT, as well as additional hospital-based services that are most-needed in the community.
- On call services include: General surgery, Neurology, Gynecology, Orthopedics (including spine), Pulmonary, and Reconstructive surgery.
- Currently seeing around 4,000 patients per month in the ED
- Bedside ultrasound
- Intensivist program (12hr day shifts/12hr night shifts)
- Will have 4 hospitalists during day shifts (12hr shifts)
- Will have 2 hospitalists during night shifts (12hr shifts)
- Census around 16-18 patients per 12hr shift
- NP/PA coverage
- California Medical License
- Must have Physician Assistant experience in Internal Medicine, preferably in-patient
- Team oriented/strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with nursing staff
About the Community:
MLK, Jr. Community Hospital is located in the medically underserved Second District of the County of Los Angeles. Los Angeles offers a multitude of cultural and entertainment options. Choose from the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Huntington Library or Getty Museum. The hospital is located just 10 miles from Downtown, LAX airport and several beaches.
Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC) are employees of VEP. They receive an hourly base rate and an opportunity to earn productivity compensation at specific sites. APCs are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, vision, dental, and life insurance, profit sharing, 401k, CME and license allowances. Our APCs also enjoy the benefit of flexible schedules, paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage and the opportunity to become a shareholder which allows them to become actively involved in the governance of the company.