California Hospital Medical Center
Los Angeles, California
California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC) is a 316 bed, Level II trauma center and one of the major emergency care providers in the area with a full complement of specialty consultation services available. As one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the area, CHMC provides treatment to over 85,000 patients annually. The hospital which first opened in 1887, has 27 ED beds plus an 8 bed Fast Track unit. Here are some facts about CHMC:
- 24/7 ICU coverage, 2 12 hour shifts and 1 overlapping 10 hour shift.
- Average daily census in the ICU is 19
- VEP will be providing Pulmonary Consults
- On call services include: Peds, OB/GYN, Surgery, Ortho, ICU, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Urology and NICU
- Excellent ED Nurses, Techs, and ancillary staff
- Bedside ultrasound
- Cardiothoracic surgery program
- Adult Hospitalist program
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Critical Care/Pulmonary Critical Care
- Current ACLS, ATLS and PALS certifications
About the Community:
CHMC is located at the southern end of downtown Los Angeles, just a few blocks from Staples Center and LA Live. Los Angeles offers a multitude of cultural and entertainment options. Choose from the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Huntington Library or Getty Museum. Cheer on your favorite team - LA Lakers, LA Clippers, LA Dodgers, LA Kings, USC Trojans and UCLA Bruins.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given competitive hourly rates. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.