Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Los Angeles, California
The new Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital (MLK) serves 1.35 million residents from all over South Los Angeles. The 131-bed hospital provides general acute care as well as additional hospital-based services that are most-needed in the community.
- 20 Bed Med/Surg ICU
- Average Daily Census – 8 per physician per day
- 12hr day shifts 12hr night shifts
- Closed ICU
- Intensivist manage vents and perform all procedures
- 24 hours of Intensivist coverage
- California Medical License
- Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine
- Ideally 1-2 years of Intensivist experience
- Team oriented/strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with nursing staff and Hospitalists
About the Community:
MLK, Jr. Community Hospital is located in the medically underserved Second District of the County of Los Angeles. Los Angeles offers a multitude of cultural and entertainment options. Choose from the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Huntington Library or Getty Museum. The hospital is located just 10 miles from Downtown, LAX airport and several beaches.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given competitive hourly rates. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.