Mercy Medical Center Mt Shasta
Mount Shasta, California
VEP Healthcare is excited to announce that we will providing Hospitalist Services to Mercy Medical Center Mount Shasta in February 2020!
Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta is a 25 bed critical access hospital staged by highly qualified physicians and a specially trained staff. We are currently accepting applications for exceptional Board-Certified/Eligible Hospitalist Physicians to join our team!
- 24 hour shifts (8 hours in house/16 hours on call)
- 10-15 patients per day
- Admit and round in the ICU 1-2 patients per day – critical patients transferred out to Redding
- VEP also provides services to the Emergency Department at Mount Shasta
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
About the Community:
The City of Mt. Shasta, nestled at the foot of imposing 14,179-foot Mount Shasta, is surrounded by natural beauty and offers many year-round outdoor activities. The mountain is the second highest volcano in the continental United States and has been a prominent landmark along the historic Siskiyou Trail — the track of an ancient trade and travel route of Native American footpaths between California's Central Valley and the Pacific Northwest.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.